GeForce FX 5500 256 MB???

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm really right now PCI-E dosent have any games that can use the bandwidth but future games will. so PCI-E. AGP is getting old now so its time to upgrade.

PCI Express is better. But boards cannot completely utilize PCI Express yet. In 06 PCI Express will be the only way to go.

P.P. Mguire said:
BTW HIM your sig says 5700;)

Does the 5700 even exist? I know it says I have a 5700, thats what I though it was. But my BIOS shows 5600, and I'm going to listen to that. Since I foung that out, I havent changed my sig. I have the personal cinema, I though that was a 5700. It's the eVGA Personal Cinema. My card is a 256mb LE version (I think it is LE, not sure though). I bought it slightly used, got a great price on it, and I'm rather sure it said 5700 when I got it.

I don't believe the evga made a 5600 256mb. As far as I know, BFG was the only one to produce the 5600 256mb.. they called it the "Asylum". I know, because I have it.

I just purchased a new 6600 gt because my 5600 is not giving me the performance I want. It will definitely play the newer games but it lags a lot when at higher settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom