Recommended heatsink fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would go with thermal take(or any other brand reccommended by microbell), even though that is not what i have in my specs(i made an uninformed choice about my heatsink and fan)

well, i just bought new fmi copper heatsink fan from compusa after shopping around my neighborhood but couldnt find anything suggested by you guys.. The fan looks good though, suports up to 2.2ghz and i only have a 1.5ghz so it should do me justice.

But I have a small problem though, I do not know how to install them, I also wanted to know if it would be possible to place my new fan along with my current cpu fan so they can work together? or would i have to take my current one off?

if someone can give me instructions on how to do it i would really appreciate it, thanks guys.

First off, you can not use both fans on your cpu at the same time, it is just not possible, sorry. To take off and put on a new hsf is realtivley simple process. Just take your time when doing it.

Fisrt you need to make sure you have a flat head screwdriver, with about a quarter inch head. Second, you need a thermal paste to put on your cpu before you put the new hsf on. Some artic 5 silver compund is about the best, but if that is not available, get some other silver compound. Third, I highly recommend you get a grounding band for yourself, cause a little bit of stay voltage(static electricity) can fry your cpu.

Now you'll use the screwdriver to take off the old hsf, you will slot on either side of the hsf. It will take a bit of pressure, just don't slip and score your mobo. Next use a old credit card or something similar(plastic) to scape off the old paste from your cpu. Now take the new paste put some on the cpu spread it it out useing the same thing you used to scrape off the old. Now put the new hsf on the cpu, most mobo have capacitors right next to the cpu, so attach that side first, then useing the same srewdriver, push the other attachment down till you get it even with where it is supposed to be, and then attach it. Connect up the power wire, and you are done. Good luck.

this is what i got

extremepcgear_1764_30932596

how it works?
instead of the magnetics in the middle, its on the 4 corners
and tahts what makes the fan spin
heres a link

http://www.xpcgear.com/vanaerpremxp.html

well, after an attempt to install my fan, my computer does notwork now.. what i did was take off my old fan, and i seen a little gluey substance and a small rectangular piece of materiel stuk on it, i tried taking it off but it didnt come off, i didnt want to scratch the cpu so what i ended up doing was taking some of that silver paste, putting a bit on the mating surface of my fan and a small bit on my cpu core, put the fan on, connected the wire but it didnt work.. my computer now starts up but doesnt boot up at all.. the second time i treid it even said my cmos was corrupted and went to defaults.. the closest attempt i had of making my computer work was when i booted it again, it booted up but my monitor was bliking different colors, almost like ihad a problem with my video card...

I'd suggest going back in and taking off the hsf, use a bit of rubbing alcohol, to get the substance off. Sounds like your cpu is overheating becuase you do not have good contact with the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom