512MB GeForce 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
Following on from ATIÂ’s "Technology Demonstration" of a 512MB Radeon X850 XT, only for them to say "we won't actually release this", NVIDIA made their GeForce 6800 Ultra available to their board vendors in 512MB configurations. Both of these configurations are fairly high end, limiting their appeal and audience to the enthusiasts that can afford it, however recent listings from Gainward indicate movements down the line - not only do Gainward now include a 512MB 6800 GT to go alongside the 6800 Ultra (albeit it bot in "SLI" packs), but they now have an AGP 6200 512MB configuration!

Can you believe this? its rediculous! why on earth would someone buy a 512MB 6200!!!

6200 with 512MB is basically the same kind of marketing Nvidia did when pushing the FX 5200 as a DX9 card. Yeah, it may have the features, but the card is no where near strong enough to even think about making use of them.

6200's suck, my dads comp has one. It's not even worth the price. Just get a 512MB 6800...just a stupid marketing scheme. I bet they charge like $450 for it just to be retarded.

no, dont even get a 512mb 6800, it wont even come close to using anywhere near all that memory

width*height*color depth=memory needed for one frame

even at 2048*1136*32 bit color it wont even be close

True, and just because you have that memory doens't mean your GPU is fast enough to effectively use it. I think all 512MB is for is marketing right now. Especially since today's games can be maxed out in even 128MB (6600GT, 6800).

Yep, prettymuch, even at 128mb most even OC'd CPU's are right at the edge of being able to feed the card fast enough, what the high end cards do that low end ones dont do well is handle multiple pipelines AND memory bandwidth at a high rate, this is also why the difference tween 4x and 8x AGP isnt usually all that much.Its also why the move to SLI happened just like the move to dual cores, parallel processing both graphic and math/operation is where things are going.

I think it was Nubius that said earlier in the G70 thread, soon we will have a video box, and a system box, with a uber high speed datalink between them, he's not far off actually, it is heading that direction.

512 will slightly help with doom3

But 6200 512 meg, i say do it, anyone retarted enough to buy one deserves to be scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom