Another build, opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
Hi, im still going around diffrent sites looking at diffrent parts and trying to see what i want in my comp (its gor gaming), what do you think of this build:

DFI lanparty NF4 SLI-D Nforce4 socket 939 mobo
AMD 64 3500+
OCZ EL Dualchannel 1gb (2x512) PC3200 ram.
Seagate 80gb hardrive (will be upgraded later)
Artec 16x DVD and CD rom
Thermal take shark case.

Now where i have a problem is here, what will i get better performance out of for games the eVGA 6800gt (256) or using duel XFX 6600gts (128mb) the duel 6600gts are cheapers by like 40 bucks.

This comp costs about 1700 canadian.

All opinions appreciated thanks.

if you want to save money.. get some cheaper ram, the stuff i have works wonders for overclocking. The dfi lanparty board supports 2x 16x pcie cards, unlike most other boards that only support 2x 8x pcie. Because of this i'd recommend getting 1 6800gt for now and get another later. The reason being is that your system will actually be able to use the second card. Don't upgrade your OS drive. It doesn't make any sense to have your OS on a drive that is > 80gb 7200rpm 8mb cache. Any data should be stored on a second drive so you dont have to worry about formatting your primary drive if need be.

Yes I fully agree. One 6800gt is better then 2 6600gt's. Especially since you can later upgrade.

Its a DVD Rom

Could this machine handel all of todays games and be able to be upgraded well enough for tommorows games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom