Parents computer dosent turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

wissler328

Solid State Member
the computer is a 6370Z HP Pavillon and i bought a new power supply and everything is hooked up correctly and it should turn on but when i hit the power button nothing happens so i double checked to see if the power was hooked up correctly to the power strip and thats ok and i checked to make sure that was plugged into the wall that was ok and so i opened the case again only to realize that the wire that hooks the power button to the motherboard was broken off 2 of them.... and one was labeled pwr and the other was labeled ideled and with my basic computer knowledge i know that the pwr wire needs to be connected for it to ask for the power from the power supply is there any way i can fix this without having to buy a new case for example is there a way to buy just a new power switch for the inside of the case and just strip and hook up the wires or anything all hints or ideas are welcome thanks

If they are broken wires, you should be able to connect the 2 broken ends back together.

well i tryed that and one of the wires that are still on the power button broke off so instead of having 2 lil wire stubs i have one

ok ill go to radio shack and after i try that then i will reply on this thread to update on if that worked or not thanks alot

just use a screwdriver to complete the circuit and turn the system on.... Easy fix, just dont ever turn it off. As you'll have to get back inside to turn it back on.

it the power plunger that the wires hooked up to broke or the terminal on the wire end broke? If its just the wire end, all you need to do is strip off a little more of the wire to expose it (with the power OFF), hook a new clamp to the wire and plug it back into the plunger. Usually the power button is in 2 parts. The mechanical push part that pushes a plunger into a small power block switch (that the wires hook into).

it is the wire that hooks up to the inside of the case on the power plunger i guess u called it and i dont know if stripping the wire will help because the bigger wire that the smaller black pwr wire hooks up to has broken off so i belive i need a need "power plunger" maybe if i took a picture would that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom