Noob Question: Socket 939 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its simple dude. You find the mobo you want and find the socket number and then find a cpu with that socket number.

Or the other way around. Cpu to mobo either way they HAVE to match no modding them. Even if it is possible which i highly doubt it wouldnt sudgest doing it.

I agree with Nubius. I will NEVER EVER EVER buy another ECS motherboard. The first one I got would only run my P4 2.4 Ghz processor at 1.8 Ghz because it wouldn't let me adjust the bus speed on the board. I tried everything I could think of, including asking people here for help, but it just wouldn't boot at the stock speed.

Then recently, I built my friend a system and tried using an ECS PT800CE-A board with a 3.0 Ghz processor, which I got as part of a great deal on the combo. I figured if it worked OK, my friend could save a little money. Well, once I got the system to his house and tried running digital video programs like Pinnacle on it, it kept freezing on me and giving me the blue screen of death. I.e. HARDWARE FAILURE

I convinced him to pay the extra money and got him a quality ASUS P4P800-E- Deluxe mobo that absolutely runs like a dream with the same exact components. Night and day.

On a side note, it seems that Fry's is the one store that always tries to push ECS boards. Their MOBO/CPU combo's in their ads are almost always ECS boards. I wonder what kind of a deal they have with ECS.

Yeah, resellers get their hands on one brand and just push that. I worked at a place that ONLY carried Jetway. JETWAY!!! Why he would only carry that, it is beyond me. That was about a year ago, I went in there recently and he had some SoYo boards and MSI. Not great, but not nearly as bad as Jetway.
Jetway=ECS
I can empathize with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom