Windows Boggs Down - Only Fix Is Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
I have no idea what's causing this, but after performing a lot of tasks on the PC, such as images/pictures/programs/games/etc, menus stop responding. Such as right click IE, or the task bar, or even trying to CTRL+ALT+DEL, Window's goes *BEEP* -- something is wrong. The only way around it is to close a program, then it will work for a little before having to close another and so on, until I just have to restart.

After closing one of the programs, I check--my CPU usage is minimal/idling, and my RAM has at least 500mb free. Windows is fully updated... have run Adaware, S&D, and a few Antiviri...

ANY clue as what this could be and/or how to fix it?

Thanks all...
-X

Check your process list. Some applications may close all of their windows but don't actually quit.

You might also want to do a clean install of Windows.

I just installed Windows...about a month ago:p And nope, no processes either.

Damn Windows:D I just need to switch over to Linux... hehe:)

Any other ideas?
thanks

If you don't want to do a clean install you could always try and repair the installation using the recovery prompt.

But listen, I -just- installed it :p I don't think that's going to help much! :D

thx tho...

I doubt the problem really has to do with your installation. It sounds like things are just getting hung up due to lots of stuff going on.

Remember that performance can be severely effected when opening folders that contain a lot of items. Check your processes to see if you have anything "funny" going on. Update everything. Run a defrag and scandisk, and do a disk-cleanup to clean off all the rot.

Xula said:
And nope, no processes either.

DId you go to Task Manager -> Processes?
If so and you've got no processes running, you've got a MAJOR error, and you've been... hacked to death. However, this probably isn't the case. Go where stated above, and check to see what's running a lot of your memory. It's kind of hard to tell which programs are okay to run and which aren't, considering it looks like you're a novice computer user, but anything that's running a lot of memory, post here. You can also just take a couple screen shots and post them here, then we'll try to help you more.

-SkyHi

If he doesn't see any processes, either he's been hacked...or his user account has been corrupted....or more likely, his registry is totalled.

In my opinion if his registry was that totalled... he wouldn't be online right now... i doubt it atleast so im asking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom