Is having a lot of files on my HDD bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
will it make my computer slower?

i have a lot of stuff like nero, windvd, a bunch of anti virus stuff, roxio easy cd creator, lots of adobe cd's that i got for free (although some of them are old versions)

i thought it would be cool to try to see how much of that 200gb i can eat away :D

is this a bad thing to do? will it make my computer slower significantly?

ty

you shouldnt notice any difference till the drive is about 95% full, provided if your using windows, you keep it defragged

well i defrag each month, so i guess that wouldn't be a problem

my friend told me that he loaded his hdd up to almost full and he said his comp was really slow, so i was worried kinda

thx

Nah dude if u keep ure system defragged and you will be straight i recomend though not going over 170 gigs of about the 194 you have though because then you might find a problem.

That shouldnt be real noticeable though. If your hell bent on doing that though get DiskKeeper program it defrags better than windows defrag.

dont worry, i deleted all my games. And have used, not including windows, 4gig of my 160 gig hd. So your not doing too bad. :bald:

Well, if you FILL it completely, you will notice it, a lot. The more full it gets, the harder it has to look for files. But if you've got a fast computer it shouldn't really matter.

-SkyHi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom