help me make a choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
Well, i was plannin on getting an AMD 64bit S939 CPU+MSI K8N Neo2 Plat. mobo. But i've heard that AMDs CPU lifespan is short. Is this true? u guys have experienced AMD CPUs rite? Any probs? I heard that Intel has a longer lifespan. what do u think i should get?

I have never heard anything about AMD having a shorter lifetime than Intel. Even if intel is a few hours longer than AMD, the average lifetime is something ridiculously long like 1 million hours. ull be fine. besides, by the time it dies, it'll be obsolete and its time for another one.

Guy above me got it right, any CPU lifespan is estimated at something around at least a million hours, so even AMD only had 800,000 hours I really wouldn't concern yourself mate. ;)

I've never heard of that either. I've always used AMD chips & I've yet to have one Expire. The only problem I had with AMD was when I didn't plug in the CPU fan & that really wasn't AMD's fault....Heh Heh...:eek:

Even if it did have a shorter lifespan, it can't be by much. If your a gamer, go AMD. Like D2 said, it is something ridiculous like 1,000,000 hours. So I wouldn't worry about it. Now if you want to brag about your comp, and how expensive it is, then get an Intel.

Another reason maybe is that the AMD CPUs supplied to us are from a different country than the 1 supplied to u guys. So maybe the quality control might not be as good as the 1 supplied to u guys.Its just another doubt. I'm not too sure of that either.

Anyway, what's the advantage of LGA775 CPUs and Mobos over the Socket 478?

775 are the newer cores. Like the EE's and the 64bits.

As for lifespan, trust me, you will have a new computer LONG before your current one dies out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom