Soundproofing the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBrown7804

In Runtime
Ok so on my thermal take tower i have a 90 mm tornado and a basic 90mm fan. Inside i have two back pannel fans, 1 front panel fan, one pci fan cooler (which im sure does absolutly nothing to help cool the 6800 GT down).

With the tornado whcih im sure most of you know my comp is extremly loud. Now i dont really care much about that much. But, when i have to turn my music up to about 50% just to hear it over the fans its kind of annoying LoL.

Im just wondering if anyone knows ways to mod it to soundproof it or if anyone knows any kits where you can find stuff to soundproof it if anyone knows plz help a man out.

the stuff is called accoustipak it works great.. its more or less foam blocks and pads with adhesive on one side.. It works pretty well

Exactly, since you have outtake fans alot of the sound still goes out, and the case wont absorb heat

if practical, an easier (and possibly cheaper) option might be to buy extension cables and move the base unit further away from you (in another room perhaps?).

problem with reducing the noise of the pc is that once you've removed one problem (i.e. cpu fan), there will undoubtedly be something else to bug the hell out of you (i.e. vga fan, psu fan etc.). depending on how quiet you want to go, you could end up spending quite a few bucks. still, zalman are a good place to start if you want to go this route ...

Yea normall the sounds of fans wont bother me at all. And the tornado really doesnt really make me angry its just that if any of you have a tornado you know what i mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom