I need advice on V-cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileygladhands

In Runtime
Based up on my current specs - which are below, except the MB has changed to a Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 (which you can view
here) - I need to know what I can do with upgrades.

Obviously, I'm limited to AGP cards. Which isn't quite a limitation... yet.

So, I'm somewhat dissappointed with my current video card but I don't want to spend $400 just to upgrade it.
I'd like to hear some advice as to the best card I can get for $200-$250, or if I should even bother upgrading.

I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.. thanks.

Everybody here is going to suggest the 6600 GT. I suggest it too, because it is a very decently priced card and all current games will run on it maxed out. It also has Shader Model 3.0 support so it is ready for future games. The only thing I would suggest over the 6600GT is a 6800 series card.

WOW, that is cheap, I got my XFX 6800 for £200, which is about $400, and it was only 4 months ago.

Than again, the 6800 is only a few fps more, but for that price, it is worth it imo.

It also has Shader Model 3.0 support so it is ready for future games.
This is true, but this instruction is very GPU intensive from what I have read and this generation of cards is not capable of handling a "true" PS3.0 enviroment so to speak. It can play it, but I wouldn't expect eye candy as results.

Alright, cool.. thanks everyone.

Is there a particular brand people seem to like best?

The only card I've owned is BFG Nvidia's.

gaara said:
This is true, but this instruction is very GPU intensive from what I have read and this generation of cards is not capable of handling a "true" PS3.0 enviroment so to speak. It can play it, but I wouldn't expect eye candy as results.

have you seen Unreal Engine 3? thats almost all PS 3.0. and same with Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory if you got a Geforce 6x00 card.
SCCT has a bunch of image enhancements for PS 3.0 like HDR lighting, Parallax mapping, multi-colored shadows, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom