How to install Windows 98SE w/o floppy and w/o cd-rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I have a old computer that I want to install Windows 98SE. But, the problem is that I don't have any floppy (and can't go buy one) and also, that computer won't boot from cd-rom. So, what I thought is plug the hard drive in my big 2600+ computer. But, it says that I need more than 16MB of RAM (and, I got 512MB) So, I guess my computer is too powerful. So, is there anyway to install it? I got all files copied into the hard drive and right now, it's plugged as a secondary hard drive in my big computer. Is there any way I can install it from Windows XP? Or, is there anyway to install DOS on it so that it's boot from the hard drive. And, by the way, my big computer doesn't have a floppy...

Can anyone help me on this one?

always have a floppy installed on your PC. You can't install it from XP, I tried that once, you need a floppy, I don't know why you don't even have one.

computers now days dont need them...
anyhow i dont really think u can without a floppy.. i do think i have a few extra floppy drives though? idk id have to look but anyhow i dont think you can without a floppy...
or u can be crzy like me and try this?
set up the drive u want 98 on as a slave, copy all the files for 98 over to it and then set it back up in ur old computer and see what happens :)

Blitze105 said:
computers now days dont need them...
anyhow i dont really think u can without a floppy.. i do think i have a few extra floppy drives though? idk id have to look but anyhow i dont think you can without a floppy...
or u can be crzy like me and try this?
set up the drive u want 98 on as a slave, copy all the files for 98 over to it and then set it back up in ur old computer and see what happens :)

I tryied... it won't boot... there is no MBR

true... i do it alot when iget the $$
well all i can think of is this
put 2000/xp/ME (haven't ever heard one good thing bout ME)
but if not get a floppy drive.. shouldn't be to much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom