Geforce 4 MX 440 DDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SePhErUm

Baseband Member
I just recently got a geforce 4 mx 440 with the DDR memory.
Yet.. Iit says it works under Windows ME.. It DOES NOT. I tried contiunesly.. and While booting ME it either froze or just did dittaly squat.. But When i was installing Windows XP Professional It was displaying 16 bit colors which was alot better than Windows ME displaying.. 16 colors..I couldn't get XP Installed.. wrong serial.. hehe..
Back to my problem.. I need HELP!

Download the latest Detonators from NVIDIA's site (30.82 for the latest official Win9x/ME drivers) and install.

Should boot up at 800x600 with 16-bit color or similar upon reboot after installing the drivers.

PS: You could have spent the extra $20-30 for a GeForce3 Ti 200. :p

I just got Windows XP PRo.. Also.. Geforce 4 has Some newer specs and techs than geforce 3 and my geforce 4 runs faster

SePhErUm said:
I just got Windows XP PRo.. Also.. Geforce 4 has Some newer specs and techs than geforce 3 and my geforce 4 runs faster

Not for the MX... few GF4 features, but mainly based on the architecture of the GF2 MX, and is missing a lot of even GF3 features, plus performance of these is not much better than the highest end GF2 cards.

Sorry, but it had to be said. :p Only good excuse is if someone was upgrading from a videocard less than a GF2 MX. :)

I upgraded from Geforce 2 MX to Geforce 4 MX. My brother upgraded his vid card to a Geforce 4, and then decided that it was not enough, so he just went ahead and replaced his whole computer. He didnt really wanna mess around with the internals of his new one (he knows nothing about computers) so he gave his old computer to me to scrap. Well, I demolished the thing, and ended up with a nice new shiny GeForce4 MX for free...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom