safe gfx card overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
hey all i have an eVGA fx5600ultra (sneer those of you that will) and its stock speeds are 400mhz/800mhz and i currently have it clocked at 450mhz/900mhz is this a safe speed? will it kill my card? will i ever stop asking questions?

the world may never know

Seems okay to me. Maybe set it to normal, and run 3DMark for a few hours, just keep doing it. Then set it up by 15 Mhz, run it again for a few hours. Just keep doing that. Or you can just burn it then blast it up to 50 Mhz higher. I guess 5 fans is adequate cooling for the card. Just experiment, u shouldn't fry it or anything.

With it OC'd, run 3DMark (like CS said) or play a graphically intense game for a while. If the card starts to overheat, you will get artifacts on your screen. If you get artifacts, that means its time to slow down the clock speed.

Artifacts are many things

If you ever thing you are on acid, and crap like that, or black crap pop's up everywhere, that's artifacting.

I say OC more and more, and more :) as long as the card is stable

loop 3dmark05's nature

if you can't do that, pm me and i'll give you the serial key for 3dmark05 that i'm using so that you can access the options and stuff

can sum1 link me it cuz im too lazy to find it... i mean im gonna be working for the next 4 hours... lifeguarding
ya that serial would help alot cuz i dont got one and im poor but not for long

there is no such thing as a 'safe' or 'unsafe' speed dude. Reading any kind of basics of overclocking even for graphics cards and you really wouldn't have to ask this question.

As I'm sure has been said you keep pushing it until you see artifacts on your screen then back it down.

To be specific, technically any kind of overclocking shortens the life span of a component, but the cooler you keep it, the longer it'll last.

loop 3dmark05's nature

if you can't do that, pm me and i'll give you the serial key for 3dmark05 that i'm using so that you can access the options and stuff
Illegal things such as serials, cracking, and hacking aren't allowed dude and you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom