Omfg!!!! Help!!!!!!!urgent!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
Omfg!!!! Help!!!!!!!urgent! [Now with sounds!!]

i oc'd my comp to 210*10 and got a BSOD once i booted in so i clocked back to 200*10

now when i start up my comp, i can hear click, click, click, on my seagate HDD (they used to be quiet)

and twice in 1.5 hours it has restarted giving me a BSOD before it restarts (IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL) or something like that, it flashed for a second

please help!

i don't wanna return anything or anything like that and have my comp screw up

edit: i also OC'd my gfx card to 560/1150 and ran 3dmark05 and got an error before getting these BSODS (it's stock again now)

well im pretty stupid but if u need money to buy parts then ill see how much i can scrape up cuz u were a big help when i was getting my parts :D

hopefully someone smart tells u something ;) lol

although what if u tried going lower than stock settings and lowering the LDT FSB ratio? i/dk just a thought

lol...it's ok

i have warranty on everything so i can return them if there's anything wrong

it's not a mobo or cpu issue, so it doesn't matter for that

as for the gfx card, it's clocked back at default speeds and that's all they can check for

can't they tell if u have oc'd it or can they just tell what u last ran it at?
Nope, theres no way of telling if you've OC'd, the only thing they MIGHT be able to tell on is if you changed the video cards BIOS to overclocked parameters and they downloaded and checked the BIOS from the card, but YEAH, no one really does that here lol.

But yeah, diablo, You might just want to back everything up and return the HD dude =/ clicking is never a good sign although technically OC'ing shouldn't have done that. Only time I've heard of that happening is from not locking the PCI bus which shouldn't even be a problem at all with that board and system

but i dont know if that clicking (a kuh-kuh-kuh sound, i think it's normal? i don't even know how the hdd should sound, since it's soooo quiet) is normal or not really, i usually have my headphones on all the time

also, i thought it was a gfx card problem so i reverted to the most recent driver i used and so far there's no problems and i did a thorough scan of the hard drie using seagate's HDD pproblem checker thingy (lol forgot what it's got) and it said there was no problems

if i don't any any troubles, i think i'll keep it (hdd was from local fry's and my gfx card was from mwave.com, which is a 10 minute drive from here, so i don't think it's gonna be hard to return anyways)

the clicking is generally never a good sound for a HD dude, I had my first SATA drive (7200RPM) click , and when it clicked it made the system lag for about a second, returned it, new one doesn't click.....it's kind of weird it just happened out of the blue, that's why I say it could be a sign of it's impending death :p

I see you're always up late like me lol, where in so cal do you live?

heh, i live in hacienda heights

i'm usually late up doing homework/studying for tests/listening to music and stuff (all my classes are honors=pain in the ass teachers=lots of assignments=i can't wait until june when school ends)

and sometimes i get bored and just come here :D

diabloII said:
heh, i live in hacienda heights

i'm usually late up doing homework/studying for tests/listening to music and stuff (all my classes are honors=pain in the ass teachers=lots of assignments=i can't wait until june when school ends)

and sometimes i get bored and just come here :D

yea i usually stay up late "doing homework"

its central time here but i just can never fall asleep

oh and btw, i also have honors classes and it sucks totall ass im in 8th grade and they have me in a double enriched honors math class that is like "derrrrr....."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom