DFI LANPARTY UT Ultra-D ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
no that board is not SLI, it just has 2x pci-e slots

and if you're going to go SLI, then get the SLI board, if not, then don't

IMO, there's no point in going SLI

yeh i didnt really see the point of SLi anyway, i would never bother buying to graphics cards, rather i would just upgrade, thanx

Well the only advantage i see in having Sli is if i were going to have say 2 6800 ultra's, but i doubt i could ever justify spending that much, Yeh i think that the ultra D comes with the mod, but it say warranty is void if you use it.

lol no the Ultra-D doesn't COME with the mod, you gotta do it yourself, yes technically it'd void the warrenty IF something were to happen but you follow those instructions and you'll be aright, besides you can clean off conductive paint and POOF! "mod....what mod?" :p

Also, you could just get a 6800GT now (which overclock to ultra speeds EASILY, I'm running mine at that right now, says in sig) and then down the road buy another...SLI doesn't mean you gotta get two right away, but I really don't care for SLI myself

http://www.pccasegear.com/prod1847.htm

look at that link, it says it comes with an SLi graphics card bridge.

I know you don't need to buy two graphics cards strait away for SLi my point was if u want better graphics wouldnt it be wiser to upgrade the quality of your card, rather then quantity

um better graphics depends on the game, not the card, the card just drives the game

but yea, a 6800gt on a dfi lanparty is enough for any game

you still want to be able to get everything out of a game.
Diablo i just noticed that your system is pretty much what im going to buy. How does it go? and is that just the standard winfast px6600GT and not the extreme edition, because i was looking at getting either the extreme edition of that card or the evga 6600GT, and why dont i just get some Geil RAM, if its working for you?

look at that link, it says it comes with an SLi graphics card bridge.
dude that bridge is just to connect the cards, that's not the 'mod' the mod requires connecting two resistors on the chipset....the Ultra-D board can utilize two cards, but it's not the same as a SLI board because of the bandwidth basically, the mod I linked is to make your system be recognized as a SLI board

Also you could go with an eVGA 6600GT like I did and within 9 days if you got more cash you can upgrade to the 6800GT, that's what I did and it's running Ultra specs, great card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom