open/save dialog box problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

belveder

In Runtime
I have just installed XP Sp2 after a clean full format and reinstall of XP Pro and I am having troubles with the open/save dialog box in all Windows Programs, including just opening My Computer.

The problem is that nothing is happening, the open/save dialog box comes up but when I click on the button for the drop down menu to drop down and let me select where I want to go, nothing happens. Sometimes if I get frustrated and go for a coffee or something then it might be opened up. If I try to open My Computer it opens but the searching thing comes up looking for my drives.

The weirdest thing is that Total Commander shows everything on my computer perfectly fine.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Uninstall SP2 and see if the problem still exsists. Did you install them sepratley or with a slipstreamed version of Windows with SP2 built into it?

ofcourse it does... but what he is really getting at was did u have alot of stuff on ur computer then u put on the sp2 or not.
id just use registry mechanic see if that helps

Thanks but like I said, this has been happening after a clean format and install of XP with SP2. It started happening while I was installing my drivers. At first it was a problem with my printer so I was lucky that Canon had a fix for this problem so I got rid of it. Soon after it started again. I tried the Canon fix but it made no difference cause my printer was still working fine anyway.

I just tried registry mechanic but that didn't make any difference, System Suite does the same but much more thorough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom