Help With BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
Okay, I have a Dell Dimension 4400, with a socket 478 motherboard. Now, I have started to get into overclocking, and I wanted to set my system clock up just a little, just to try it out. I have 3 fans and the cover is off. But that is besides the point.

When I enter my BIOS, there isn't a damn thing about changing multiplier or clock speeds at all. All there is, is stuff like:

"Boot Configuration"
"System Specs"
"Advanced"
"IDE Information"
"Exit"

Advanced is nothing but Serial Port A info and such. IDE is just my hard drive. I have updated to my most current BIOS version, and it doesn't look any different.

Is there any way I can change my system core?!?!

Dell is composed of the cheapest quality stuff; don't even TRY to overclock, but it'll crap out on you if you bump it up even 1 mhz

there's no way you can overclock a dell except using clockgen, and even with that, the dell with crash with a small OC

also, the bios doesn't allow you to OC, because dell knows that their computers aren't made for OCing

bottom line, you can't oc with a dell

Well excuse me. Btw I got a different processor than the one that came with it, it was like a 1.2 and my friend gave me a 2.1 for free :D

dell uses intel processors, so it doesn't matter what speed they are

dell has crap memory, crap bios options, crap power supply, crap mobo (intel mobo any good?)

trust me, it won't overclock

"Friends don't let friends buy Dells."

OK, so it can't be OC'd. You can still use it for anything else. The 4400 is at least upgradable to an extent. The 2400 has basically 0% potential for growth.

It ain't much consolation, but it is better than nothing.

Guys chill out okay? I bought this a while ago and it was a christmas present. I just started upgrading the RAM and such, and the video card. Once I get about $1000, I'm building my own.

Ill agree with u trotter. i had a 2400, and i hated it. all it had were PCI slots, and a wimpy 230 watt PSU with like 8a on the +12V. The only PSU that i could get in it was like $150, and i didnt want to pay it.

haha this thread is funny to me because i have a friend that has a dell and he thinks that his dell is SOOOO much better than my computer! he seems to think there is no better computer than his dell with 1 GB of RAM! he has an radeon x800 too so he claims his could whoop my computer at gaming. yeah well you guys can see by my stats in my sig that mine is better. i tell him dell is cheap but he says that dell computers are the highest quality out there. whatever with that! i don't know why i'm posting this. probably because i'm bored out of my mind now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom