changing multipliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
i keep on hearing everyone say instaed of raising the fsb just change the multipliers is this possible cuz i though that they were all locked now. if it is how do u do it?

Unless you have the cadillac Intel or AMD processors (which you don't), the multiplier will remain locked unless you wanna try your hand at some serious hardware modding.

I personally feel you get a higher performance increase out of raising the FSB/RAM ratio than simply raising the multi, plus raising the multi is boring.

i dont wanna overclock my dell i know i cant but i have an old pIII450 running at 504 i just wanna kno if i can go further

I believe it required soldering a number of socket pins on the chips, but I'm not really sure. You could google it, but seriously, you need to know what you are doing or else your chip can say goodbye.

Just raise the FSB dude, it's not as hard as you're making it out to be, unlocking a multiplier is a helluva lot harder than making a few adjustments in the BIOS.

Gaara - generally it requires using conductive paint and crossing bridges in the top of the CPU itself, or sometimes even cutting traces....overall it's time consuming and requires a nice magnifying glass, steady hand, and patience lol.

There is the wire trick to unlock the thoroughbreds I believe but that was just putting some copper wire into the socket, so no soldering there

Them cores if you got 3 of the pins to touch would unlock it, and it was only on certain ones you could do this with. I remember seeing a little tab you could buy to put it on that cpu in order to do it the easy way.

Them cores if you got 3 of the pins to touch would unlock it, and it was only on certain ones you could do this with. I remember seeing a little tab you could buy to put it on that cpu in order to do it the easy way.
Powerstrip I believe it was called, and yeah that's what I was talking about when I said using copper wire in the sockets. Only worked on T-breds before week 39 of 2004 I believe

lol you could have told me unlocking multiplyers was possible.

I always wondered why i never got more than 1.6ghz oiut of my 2.8ghz chip, the multiplyer is locked at the wrong value!

should be 21, its locked at 12.

Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom