Memory woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
desiboi said:
Take the sticks out and put them back in, it should fit snuggly. Which company are the memory made from? And how much were they?
I got them from eBay (seller owned a shop that sold computer parts, 100% positive feedback). Made by Samsung, and I was lucky enough to get them for about $70.

desiboi said:
Reset your BIOS. I ran out of ideas, lol.
XD
I installed a new BIOS and reset to factory settings this morning, nothing came of it. I'm going to try running the comp on just those sticks to see what happens.

Put in just the new sticks, and make sure it registers as 512mb, then add a third stick and see if it goes to 768, then the final stick for 1gb

I'm pretty much out of ideas too lol

Nubius said:
Put in just the new sticks, and make sure it registers as 512mb, then add a third stick and see if it goes to 768, then the final stick for 1gb

I'm pretty much out of ideas too lol
Seeing as it's Rambus, I have to do 2 at a time.

o_o

I don't think that worked.
I tried it with only the new memory, and the computer made a bunch of "DANGER WILL ROBINSON" beeping sounds at me and didn't start up. After putting the memory back in, my mouse wasn't working. It is now though.
I honestly think the memory is just incompatible. Problem is I can't re-sell it now. And I don't want to have to pay $300 for new memory.

desiboi said:
Why can't you re-sell it?
Wait, nevermind. XD My thoughts on what happened to the memory changed mid-post. First I thought it was faulty, then after typing that sentence I realized it was just incompatible. I'll sell it and use the money to get working memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom