What do i do if i OC too much and i can't boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you wont have any problems booting, as long as u take the OC slowly, only a few MHZ at a time. if it doesnt boot, it is prolly fried

well i didn't test my card yet

the optimal frequency was 561/1120 and i bumped it up to 561/1180 (this is straight from 500/1000)

guess i'll test it at 561/1150 first

NOOOOOOOOo

the pci bus isn't meant to be raised (for nVIdia, it's 100 or 101 depending on your card and for ATi it's 105)

if you want to overclock, first learn about it and let your card burn in (burn in=stress it somewhat=play games & run 3dmark 05)

once you get the hang of it, find the best drivers (you shouldn't be using stock ones anyways) and download them, along with coolbits 2 (all can be found on www.guru3d.com)

just detect optimal frequency (3d only, 2d doesn't matter) and run 3dmark05, if it doesn't artifact or BSOD, bump the speeds up a tiny notch

I always just leave my computer on overnight and run 3DMark on it. Then I just run Aquamark 3 the next night. Then I bump up the mhz with Rage 3d Tweak.

after BSOD-ing at 210*10, i got scared and decided to un-OC my card and leave it at that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom