Video Card/RAM Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
If u are insisting a flat screen (and i personally think CRTs are better for gaming), get an LCD, they are better IMO. hate saying this, but the best LCDs ive seen recently are the Dell Ultrasharp models. Samsung has some nice ones too. But be disappointed if it ghosts at all when u get it.

Yeah I know that CRT are better for gaming, but I need space for other stuff you know, it's going to be in my room.

my comp is in my room too, i had to squeeze my 19 inch CRT against a window. makes pulling down the shades a pain, but its the lesser of 2 evils IMO. Only go with a flatscreen as a last resort. They are also a lot more expensive (obviously)

what's the specs of your new comp?

if yuo're planning to use crap parts like the first post in this thread, i don't think you'll be able to enjoy the plasma as much.

but a plasma....boy are you spoiled

Yea no crap still though if its 5k for the monitor what the hell are u buidling with the other 7k? My buddy and I shopped for parts for our dream machine and we could only spend 6k on a modest computer. (We didnt get like 4 xeons because why the hell would anyone do that in first place) This was before dual core though but either way.

What the hell you gonna put into that beast?

dhw200 said:
If u are insisting a flat screen (and i personally think CRTs are better for gaming), get an LCD, they are better IMO. hate saying this, but the best LCDs ive seen recently are the Dell Ultrasharp models. Samsung has some nice ones too. But be disappointed if it ghosts at all when u get it.

Well, technology is able to have LCD's that can function as well as a CRT as in gaming. The problem is that most of the LCD's won't fit this.

Few of them carry a response time below 15ms with a contrast ratio of atleast 700:1. Or, I should say, few of the cheap ones do.

For the money and the size, CRT is still the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom