New installation ... monitor does not show output..power indicator just blinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashay

Beta member
Hi,

I am kind of new to computer Assembly.
This was my second one.

I assembled the following config system yesterday.

- VisionTek XTASY VTK9600XT256 Radeon 9600XT 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail
- Pentium 3.2Ghz HT
- 512*2MB PNY RAM
- Creative Audigy2
- ECS 848P-A V2.0 Socket 478 Intel 848P ATX Intel Motherboard

When I connect everything perfectly, I connect my monitor to the Video Card (installed in the AGP Slot).

and when I boot up, everything looks to be just fine (with all fans working .. even the Graphics card), but I don't see anything on my monitor.
Its power Indicator just blinks..

what does this mean?

is the Graphics card not working? The monitor works as I have tried it on my laptop.can anybody suggest me how to trouble shoot from here?

Have you tried plugging the monitor into the onboard video. If it works you will need to let bios know you have an agp card or make a jumper setting on the motherboard. If it does not work reseat the video card and try again. If that does not work, borrow another known working video card to see if that works. Hope this helps.

Have you tried plugging the monitor into the onboard video. If it works you will need to let bios know you have an agp card or make a jumper setting on the motherboard. If it does not work reseat the video card and try again. If that does not work, borrow another known working video card to see if that works. Hope this helps.

Sadly there is no Onboard Video card on it.

Secondly, I searched the manual..but there does not seem to be any jumper settings for the Video card on it.

I don't know how to reset the video card....can u help?

thanks for ure effort.

ashay

Try using differnt RAM, or just 1 of the 2 (try each one seperatly, trying both). I had the same exact problem on my E-Machines about 3 years ago.

-SkyHi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom