ATI vs nVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that's what you get for asking such a stupid question that you've seen getting locked over and over again

In before the lock :p

Desiboi, this is the most argued tech question of all time. I have an X850 XT, and i think its great, and i also had a geforce 2 mx 400 *when it was in its prime) and that was great too. So its opinion, like everything else in life.

I'd personally go with the nVidia, becuase all I've ever heard about ATI is that it can't even run some of it's own games. However, I don't know anything about hardware. Just my opinion.

-SkyHi

nVidia has PS 3.0, which can run upcoming mods and games that support it, where as ATI doesn't have it (i think it uses PS[pixel shader]2.0 or something)

but then eventually ati is gonna come with a response like PS4.0 and it'll just be a never ending war

Until ATI comes out with a Pixel Shader 3.0 compliant card, there is no war. ATI doesn't make bad stuff, don't get me wrong, but its a little pathetic when you pay up to $700 for an ATI X850XT P.E. that can't even play the lastest games at max settings, all due to the lack of Pixel Shader 3.0. Whats even worse is that these $700 cards will not be able to use HDR in the new "The Lost Coast" mod comming out for HL2. That will be solely for Nvidia 6800/G70 and R520 users. ATI fanboys try to downplay the significance of Pixel Shader 3.0, but this is one of the most significant advancements seen in graphics history IMO. Just look at the comparison screenshots for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, or watch the Half Life 2 HDR demo...and see what I'm talking about. I do give ATI one thing...in games they do play well, they do well at. They excel in DX8.1 games especially. With this said..thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom