The best PCI graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshKorn

Baseband Member
Well, I am rather unfortunate and have a stupid compaq with only PCI slots.
My mobo specs:
CLICK
My current Card specs:
CLICK

I am wondering what is the best PCI card I can get? I kno its very limited, but I don't want to buy an agp mobo. So whats the best? And will it be compatible with my mobo? I have been looking at this:
CLICK
Is that the best PCI card, and will that be compatible with my comp?
Or maybe this one?
CLICK

Any help will be appreciated.

dude this guy said pci not pci-e look at the mobo info

k well the best ur gonna get is probebly somtin like an ati 9250

my friend has a 9200 and it does the job for mild level gaming some games even run fine on high settings just no aa or af

He already has a 9250. He is wanting a card that will deliver him much more performance, but that is very hard to find on PCI. Under normal circumstances, its best not to get a GeForce FX series card and get a Radeon 9xxx series. This is different though. I would go ahead and get that FX 5700. Its probably going to be the best PCI card you are going to find. I didn't even know they made cards that high in PCI. If you can find a Radeon 9600 in PCI, get it, but if you can not, get the GeForce FX 5700.

Counter-Strike said:
NO NO do NOT get a 5700 bloody hell! Always go ATI. Looks like you can't go PCI-E with that pic of ur MoBo. I just say get a 9600 SE or something that is overclockable and has 256MB RAM.

Umm, that is the most senseless post ever.

The FX-5700 is the best PCI card, however even a 9250 is bottlenecked by the PCI interface.

So get a 5700? is there a 256 version of the 5700?
and how performance wise would it be better than the 5500? cuz that says it has PCIx8, which I am guessing is better, but will it work with my mobo?

Your mobo doesnt have "PCIx8" which I am assuming by tyhis your meaning PCI-E 8X. You have some genric run of the mill crap (hey, it's better than dell...) motherboard

Dont worry about a 256 version, just get a 128

Well im guessing it's refering to 8x AGP since it's probolly nativly a AGP card with a bridge.

hmmm, ok guys, thnx for the help. Is there anything higher than an ati 9250 that is available in pci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom