My new PC is almost ready and I need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Hey I have reall important question to ask, my computer is just about ready to be built and turned on by tomorrow night......
my question is I need to know if my old 5 year 10.0 gig hard drive will work when I boot up the machine this HD has windows XP on it and has 6 gigs of space left. should I leave the OS on it and put the HD in the new machine and install the MB and video card drivers for it ? or should I go ahead and do a clean install of the hard drive ?

also please don't ask why I am using a old hard drive for the new system..... I can't for afford a new hard drive just yet.

MadMikeXP

It will work, no reason it wont. Unless it is a crappy drive. It may run crappy, as you dont have that much free space. Drives are SOOO cheap now, you can get an 80gb for $50. Just read the last part, sorry.

Probably it would be wise to just do a clean insta. Your computer wil probably run alot better.

Apparently my 'L' key isnt working too well. That sucks.

you DO know that you're going to have your whole HDD wiped out b/c you're installing on a new mobo

and then you're going to have to re-dl the OS once you get a new HDD unless you use the old one, and i don't think you're going to want to

Well I have no choice but to do this.... and if everything works.... so be it ! I have a great deal of knowledge of what I have to do to get this up and running as soon I get a 1 year old used Nvidia geforce AGP card from a friend of mine at church I'll get the hard drive ready for migration into this system when I get home tomorrow at 12:00 pm.

I have one last serious question is there some way in hell that I can get microsoft to take off the license activatioon code off my old system so that when I install XP on my new PC and go ahead and used the product code for my system ? if so can somepne please tell me how so this ? if not I'll guess I have to use my universal activation crack to activate it the evil way if microsoft won't cooperate with me..... also I have the full complete legal version of XP home.

MadMikeXP said:
Well I have no choice but to do this.... and if everything works.... so be it ! I have a great deal of knowledge of what I have to do to get this up and running as soon I get a 1 year old used Nvidia geforce AGP card from a friend of mine at church I'll get the hard drive ready for migration into this system when I get home tomorrow at 12:00 pm.

I have one last serious question is there some way in hell that I can get microsoft to take off the license activatioon code off my old system so that when I install XP on my new PC and go ahead and used the product code for my system ? if so can somepne please tell me how so this ? if not I'll guess I have to use my universal activation crack to activate it the evil way if microsoft won't cooperate with me..... also I have the full complete legal version of XP home.

Technically you are puting Windows on a new PC, technically, so you will, technically, need a new copy of Windows. But, thats only technically.

You can activate Windows a number of times before things start to get noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom