Fan Spinning Wrong Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm i really really hate to say this but i think you're wrong (about that first part), nubius. right now, my athlon 64 3000+ has a fan SUCKING air away from cpu. it is NOT blowing air on the cpu at all. right now my idle temperature is 34 degrees and my max temperature (according to the temperature graph) was 42 degrees and that was while playing planetside which drains resources like none other. i know these temps are really good and my fan is sucking air away from cpu. i'm not sure where you come up with "Fan ALWAYS blows on the heatsink, there is no alternative to this. The only fans that suck instead of blow are ones for radiators in a water cooling loop inwhich you want the fans pulling air through the radiator." because that simply isn't true. i know that firsthand.

Whatever you say dude. All heatsinks are meant for the fans to blow on the heatsink, no suck air away as simple as that.

I've had enough experience with both air and now water solutions to know what I'm talking about

If you knew for a fact, and declare someone to be wrong, then you wouldn't have had to ask the question in the first place.

Man, you really hate being called wrong, dont you Nubius. You get very defensive when someone calls you on something, you get all uptight. You gotta chill, accept someones opinion.

his original questions was more of an inquiry, of why it is pulling from the heatsink. He didnt think it ws suppose to, so he asked. You stated that fans DO NOT pull air like that, when in fact you are wrong. They evidently do, if his does. Right? ;-)

Well this is one screwed up guy, he thinks its better to suck than blow.... its better to blow than suck ya ask me... GET YOUR MINDS OUTTA THE GUTTER!

Man, you really hate being called wrong, dont you Nubius. You get very defensive when someone calls you on something, you get all uptight. You gotta chill, accept someones opinion.
No that's your perception simply because I've said you were wrong on occasions. I've dealt with computers from slot 1 to slot A, socket A's, AMD64's, even the CPU's in a friggin Xbox and guess what, every last one of them, the fan BLOWS on the CPU, not sucks away from it.

I say this coming from a lot of experience, and it's pretty lame when someone goes into asking and not entirely sure and it's it with 'Nah you're wrong I know first hand' when chances are I've dealt with a lot more computer systems.

I know whats right and when I do, I stand by it simple as that.

You stated that fans DO NOT pull air like that, when in fact you are wrong. They evidently do, if his does. Right? ;-)
Just because I piss on the floor doesn't mean that's where you're supposed to piss now does it?

All stock fans have the CPU fan blowing ON the CPU, and if his is sucking and it's not stock then I'd assume he put it on backwards.

So no they 'evidently dont'

Stock heatsink for an AMD, I'm sure you know what they look like... How would one go abouts putting THAT fan on backwards? Unless he pried off the fan an mounted it upside down, but that dosent seem he did that.

Point is, you gotta chill out. Not because you've called me wrong on a few occasions, but you call everyone wrong. And when they challenge that, you get really uptight and coptemptuous.

Stock heatsink for an AMD, I'm sure you know what they look like... How would one go abouts putting THAT fan on backwards? Unless he pried off the fan an mounted it upside down, but that dosent seem he did that.
Dude read my post, I said every stock heatsink I've ever dealt with across many different systems has been the fan blowing on, then I proceeded to say the only way it would be the opposite way is if he had an after market cooler and put it on the wrong way.

Point is, you gotta chill out. Not because you've called me wrong on a few occasions, but you call everyone wrong. And when they challenge that, you get really uptight and coptemptuous.
:rolleyes: Him, that's ridiculous, it's text dude, you are interpreting it how you will and making assumptions off that which is just ridiculous.

There is no 'chilling out' to be needed. As stated, I know whats correct in plenty of situations. I wouldn't have been here for so long and been a mod for so long if they thought I didn't know what the hell I was talking about.

I will stand by my point and argue why it's right just like anyone else, so how is that 'uptight' when every last person on here would do the same including you which I've seen you do on many occasions.

This convo is done, there's no point in argueing as I've said what I needed to say.

Fans blow, not suck......period.......I've set up probably more computers and a variety of systems than you or even the poster to know what I'm talking about, especially regarding fans pulling air through water cooled radiators.

In his first post he said

I looked in my case and, low and behold, my cpu fan was blowing air ONTO the processor instead of sucking the heat AWAY!
So I don't know where you get this idea that he had a stock heatsink that was sucking air away.

I'm sure you've done more builds than anyone else here. No point in arguing any furthur, i am as always wrong. Yes, you have more experience in computers than me or anyone else. You know this for a fact, know all our pasts inside and out.

Nubius said:

Where do you get 4 times as much air? That's not true.

For a good case setup you want an equal amount of CFM being exhausted and intake........ It's more ideal to have a tad more exhaust than it would be to have more intake.

2 fans blowing together working together blow 4 times as much air than 1 fan. 1fan blowing in and 1 blowing out barely blows more than 1 fan.

that is just a fact that has always been. now you would have to add 2 more fans for it to blow 4 times as much in the next setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom