Video card's control panel gone????

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Today i decided to plug my tv back upto my video card to watch some movies on the tv. Well when i went into the Display properties to change my settings to work with both the TV and computer screen the ATI Control Panel wasnt there so i could change it. Ive tryed several differnt drivers and installers. Not a single one works, and i cant get the old drivers to uninstall anymore either... Any ideas?

Did you change any settings perviously when you plugged in the TV? Are you going back to the right place? I dont want to come off as a jerk, but sometimes that happens.

The settings werent changed, they change them selfs when i take the tv off the card, but i have to manualy set it back to use with a TV. And yes im going back to the right place. Under Advanced in the settings tab on the display properties.

Hmm I only had that happen once on my moms laptop and reinstalling the drivers fixed that, so that is really strange yours isn't showing.

Have you completely uninstalled your current drivers and re-installed some new ones, or have you just been trying to install new ones the whole time

Ive uninstalled all the old ones before trying others. Gives me SEVERAL hundred errors when i tryed uninstalling the control panel parts though...

Ouch. Do you have onboard video or another video card? Swap out the cards, and fully instll the new one, making sure that all the old drivers are uninstalled. Then repeat the process, just replacing the old card with your 6600gt.

Dude its my ONLY video card other than a geforce 2... And its just problems with this card.... And im like the only one here that dont have a 6600 or 6800

Mine aint integrated :p Shesh just because its old and shit dont mean its integrated..... Anyways why try something i know that works? its only these damned drivers and control panels that aint working right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom