AMD Barton 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse5150

Baseband Member
Why does a Barton 3200 400FSB generally sell for less than a normal 3200 400FSB on eBay when (I beleive) the barton has more L2 cache?

I might be able to afford a Barton 3200 400FSB CPU if they are any good! :eek:

What the cheapest motherboard would you recommend for this processor?! (bear in mind i'm not really intending to O/C it.

when you say normal 3200 400fsb are you refering to the Thouroughbred as opposed to the barton. I was unaware that the amd xp 3200 was offered with any thing but the barton core.

The Barton core is newer, has a larger cache, and I believe it runs at 333FSB, where T-Breds (except for the 2700) run at 266Mhz.
The 2500 and 2600 are Barton, and the 2700 is T-Bred.
Besides that, I don't think any CPU after the 2700 is T-Bred.
They're all Barton after that.

Oh, to answer your original question, the Leadtek motherboard in my sig can be had for relatively cheap at www.newegg.com
It also has integrated 5.1 audio and up to 400Mhz dual-channel DDR RAM

Cool well i have bought a Barton 2800 for £70. Not bad i think.

What memory would suit this best? I'm thinking a brand name like Crucial or TwinMOS, but should i get 3200? or will 2700 do?

I'm keeping my eye out for motherboards on eBay, is the KT-6 FISR any good?

Thank you please.

Also what rating power supply am i looking for for 2800 CPU, CD-ROM, CD-RW, 30Gb Hard Disk (old), 9600pro/9800pro, sound card, 512Mb ram, modem, lan card.

What wattage? 350? 400?

I've heard the FISR are decent mobo's, never heard of the KT-6, though......as for memory bigger is always better.....but as for the power supply, It's relatively cheap anyhow, so I'd go with a 500+, but all that equip will definitely run off of a 350.

Hello, well i went to local supplier armed with some money. I got:

Coolermaster DP5-6J31C "Silence" Fan - Apparently very quiet.

Codogen 300W Silent (with a huge fan in bottom which turns out is right above the CPU, so its gonna suck some air outta that case!!) - I was confused about it only being 300W but the man assured me it would be fine ... if not, i'll take it back and get a morepowerful one :) what you think about this?

V pretty Tsunami Aluminium case with perspex window and v stylish glass front (he chucked in two case fans and these 5.25" bay Grilles which will imrove airflow (nice) )

Couple that with the XP2800 i have been set back £108 (roughly $172) up to now. I think its going OK.

I now just need to procure a MOBO 512Mb PC3200 Ram and a Radeon 9800 PRO

Look out Half-Life 2! HERE I COME!!!!!!

Gotta go, girlfriend nagging :( (she thinks im a geek! :eek: )

p.s the guy reckons Athlons run REALLY hot, this true?

Cheers

They do run hotter than intels, that is normal though. Just make sure it does not go above about 55c. It can go higher, but not recomended. God luck, and good rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom