Does this look right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
As most of you already know, i own a Gigabyte GeForce 6600Gt. Well, again, im sure a number of you know the heat this thing produces. Well i, myself, hate when something is above 45C Idle so i went out and bought a Zalman ZM80D-HP heatsink for my card. The temp didnt drop much,it went from an idle of 55C to about 44C Idle.

So to my point, when i play games now it pretty much evens out at 55C running. i think this may be do to the way the computer guy at the store put my heatsink on. Take a look at this:

use.jpg

He said he had to put it on this way because the way the chip sat on the board in a diamond more then just flat out square. Anyway, Does this look right to anyone else? im a bit sceptical about it myself..

That's the ONLY way you can put it on an AGP 6600GT

I would have told you about this, since this also increases the chance of snapping the card even more. Shoulda went the zalman 7700CU route.

Is it well secured to the card? if it is, than I wouldn't worry about it, if not I would be very worried about it. Try and get a refund, and get a artic cooling cooler.

I cant get a refund for it cause i ordered it from newegg :confused: but its well secured in the slot. I think i should be fine but do you think the heat distribution is fine regardless of the way it looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom