Noob Question: Do i have AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
really, didnt know that. So which of the 5700's should i get. also the Jaton one says i have to have an AGP 8x/4x compliant motherboard. What does that mean and can i still use it in my PCI only computer?

That's if he has a brown slut, we dont think he has one.

Video memory is not that important in today's graphics cards, 256meg is overkill for any of the 5XXX series.

Sorry Man but i believe the 2400 is a celeron and has no agp slot... bad news for you... as far as i know no celeron motherboards support agp

MDStidham said:
Sorry Man but i believe the 2400 is a celeron and has no agp slot... bad news for you... as far as i know no celeron motherboards support agp

Umm this has nothing to do with the processor, same chipsets work the celeron and p4's and crap

Edit: Sorry for the above title, i swear I wasn't thinking dirty :confused:

DJ-CHRIS said:
Umm this has nothing to do with the processor, same chipsets work the celeron and p4's and crap

Edit: Sorry for the above title, i swear I wasn't thinking dirty :confused:

sorry for the confusion... let me elaborate...

i have never seen an off the shelf computer with a celeron chip that has a MoBo with an agp slot. celeron computers are always made for budget which means expandibility is limited. the dell 2400 is a 298 dollar computer that to my knowledge isn't an exception to the rule.

MDStidham said:
sorry for the confusion... let me elaborate...

i have never seen an off the shelf computer with a celeron chip that has a MoBo with an agp slot. celeron computers are always made for budget which means expandibility is limited. the dell 2400 is a 298 dollar computer that to my knowledge isn't an exception to the rule.

Well I have one, my sisters cicero with an AGP SLOT

It was a 400$ CDN mobo, i was very suprised when I opened it up to find removeable trays, a decent gigabyte mobo, overclockability and rounded cables.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well I have one, my sisters cicero with an AGP SLOT

It was a 400$ CDN mobo, i was very suprised when I opened it up to find removeable trays, a decent gigabyte mobo, overclockability and rounded cables.

Wow... that is different. i am suprised too... i guess i stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom