Noob Question: Do i have AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
Hey all. I was wondering if all new computers usually come with 1 AGP slot. I have 3 PCI slots that i know of and since i am looking for a new graphics card, PCI isnt really great. My computer is a Dell Dimension 2400, Intel processor, 256 MB RAM, and was about a little over a year ago. If i dont have an AGP slot and only a PCi, what is a good card that will let me play some of the latest games with lots of bells and whistles to it( as in SMOOTHSHADER and those sorts)? Thnx.

Take a look at your motherboard to see if it has one of theese:
Motherboard-AGP-Slot.jpg

For a card on the cheap that will play most new games.. the 6600GT is what I'd reccomend. The fx5700 you've got listed there wont keep up with the new games. its around $200, but can be found about $180.

And yeah. to find out if u have an agp slot, look above ur PCI slots and if theres a brown looking pci slot thats kinda outa place.. then you've got one. if there is any writing on the slot, then its most likely onboard graphics, and you wont have an AGP slot

no, its AGP or Pci-Express. PCI and PCI-Express are totally different. Your mobo might have AGP but definently wont have PCi-E

You will also want another stick of ram for your hell PC as well.

That 2nd chaintech 5700LE looks pretty nice if you want a PCI card, even though it will be bottlenecked by the interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom