Computer Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik00014

Baseband Member
When I use the computer it will eventually crash, the mouse becomes stuck for about 5 seconds before moving a bit before total crash.
This can also be seen when watching an .avi file, usually after 30mins the video will halt and the sound will continue. Sometimes when watching video, the video will catch up with the audio after about 5 seconds from the halt and the video will resume normally. Recently the video has blacked out completly leaving the audio running. This also has happened when doing nothing in windows. When this happens I normally reboot only to face again a similar problem.
Can anyone help? I am very confused.....

Computer Specs: AMD athlon xp 2200
Ti4600 graphics card
Sound blaster audigy sound card
512mb DDR333 ram
1 x 200Gb hard drive
1x 180Gb hard drive
cd/dvd drive
gigabyte nforce2 motherboard 7NF-RZ
300W power supply

Your power Supply is awfully low in wattage. I would use at least a 430. That could be causing your problems. Also check to make sure that all your drivers are up to date.

Ive just bought a 550W power supply (in the post), Im thinking also could it be the graphics card? Since its always the video that goes???

Ok, I now have a new 550w power supply and Ive tested the computer with a new graphics card.
I no longer have such bad crashes, but i cant play counter-strike source for longer than 30mins.
USB devices and my audio seem to be getting bad though, where the devices turn themselves off (turn on after restart).
Why does my computer seem to be degenerative?
Could this be a software based problem after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom