Installing a HD Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno112

Solid State Member
IBM 3500 M20 Server 256MBRAM 3 SCSI devices attached 2X9gbHD 1XTape Drive Running server 2k3.

I have installed a new controller into my system and attached a 200Gb to the primary, i rebooted and this happened.

First of all i removed the cdrom ide cable from the cdrom itself but left it hanging from the main board.

Drive number 0 WDC WD2000JB-OOGVA 190782MB
SET: 1 <0> WDC WD2000JB-OOGVA <PM> 190782MB

All the scsi devices load successfully

Scsi bios loaded successfully
Then 2 Beeps

POST startup Error

Following errors were detected

604 Diskette error
662 Configuration change has occured
162 Configuration change has occured

At this stage i get 2 options i can

Continue; (Into the bios) and there is nothing to do there anyway.
Exit setup; If i do this i get a picture (see Below) to come up which looks like it wants me to hit f1 (2 arrows pointing to f1 gives that away) once i have hit f1 it changes the picture and it points to the floppy drive.

I dont have a floppy i have a cd with drivers on it.

If i hit F1 again it comes up with this message

I999031 Disk Failure or Disk reset failed.

Please any help would be appreciated

Do you have all the HDD's connected to just the controller card and not the mobo?

Yes all the HDs ( 1 200GB western Digital) are connected to the card there is a cdrom attached to the moby.

I disconnected the cable from the IDE card and started up again it went into the op system and came up with the add new hardware wizard, after installing the drivers i restarted and placed the ide cable back on the controller instead of going into the bios this time it just went straight to the picture asking me to put a floppy disk in the drive.

I hit F1 and the error i got on my last post comes up.

I999031 Disk Failure or Disk reset failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom