Mac OS Tiger is going to KILL windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love Macs, I have to agree with most people here and say that there is no way they will take over the market anytime soon.

Had Apple let the whole clone business develop between 1995-1997, then Mac compatible computers would be cheaper, and more wide-stream (maybe; this is just speculation). But then Apple would have been torn to shreds.

macdude425 said:
As much as I love Macs, I have to agree with most people here and say that there is no way they will take over the market anytime soon.

Had Apple let the whole clone business develop between 1995-1997, then Mac compatible computers would be cheaper, and more wide-stream (maybe; this is just speculation). But then Apple would have been torn to shreds.

You're right, and thatÂ’s why Apple pulled the plug on the entire project.

Also to anyone referring to a port of Mac OS X, it won't happen because if it did why would anyone have to spend a ton of money on a Mac when they could just get a cheap PC and shove OS X onto it? Apple would lose a ton of business.

I agree....Theyre's already P4/64 and AMD Athalon 64. Then they'res the Apple Daul Core or whatever.
Next, I agree again....they're are already great widget programs like Konfabulator and Kapsules. But the dashboard is just CONVENIENT. What about that bot thing and the connectivity with Windows?
Dunno.

actually, you can run OS X on a PC
I think it's it's called PearlPC
although when they actually ran it, it was 30 times slower than what it would normally run at on its native hardware

as far as compatibility: Mac's emulators for Microsoft programs still needs support for DirectX. although I think it is unlikely to happen, Mac's would be able to run a lot more games if they did

Apple doesn't have dual core CPU's, they simply have dual CPU's (in their G5's)

I really like OS X, but it is not going to take over as the main OS against Windows anytime soon.
this is because:
people do not like change
it costs money
people "can't be stuffed" learning how to use Mac's if they know how to use a PC

I have actually successfully installed OSX on my machine with Pearpc, it ran slow but i could use the system and everything.

There's also the Cherry OS but I haven't seen anything about it for some time now, I would use Pare PC if it wasn't so slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom