Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
I thought about this, and it seems kind of like a cool topic. Would you rather have SLI with 2x Nvidia 6800 Ultra's or would you have 2x ATI X800XT Ultra's? Me personally I would rather have 2x ATI, that would be so insane. Top that with 1-2 GB of RAM and Athlong FX-55, and it's like computer heaven.

well ATI is coming out with its more superior version of SLi soon. but theres no x800xt ultra that i know of, lol. but i know what you meant. Since the R520 isn't out yet, id go with 2 X850XTPE (if it were possible) and youd probably score a 30, 000 in 3DMARK05.

First, there is no ATI that can run in SLI yet. Second, there is no such card as the ATI X800XT Ultra. Third, the processor you are talking about is an Athlon, not an "Athlong." Also, we have numerous ATI vs. Nvidia threads here. Search the forums...

-[ZoU]-Kronos said:
well ATI is coming out with its more superior version of SLi soon. but theres no x800xt ultra that i know of, lol. but i know what you meant. Since the R520 isn't out yet, id go with 2 X850XTPE (if it were possible) and youd probably score a 30, 000 in 3DMARK05.

The only problem I have with the X850XT P.E. is that it lacks Shader Model 3. Here you have a kick-arse card that can't run the latest games in full detail because of the lack that that particular instruction.

ATI has just said their doing their SLI, we know nothing else, they havnt really done anything.

We will start, tommorow :p

ATI Is doing 'MVP' I believe Multi Visual Processing.......as far as it being 'superior' goes that's all just fanboyism and speculation as there hasn't even been details about it yet besides that they are doing it.

I would have been more geared towards going to ATI if they HADN"T decide to follow nvidia and make their own SLI, I would been more impressed if they would stayed single card solution that could whoop SLI or at the most a dual GPU solution. Freakin hate SLI

I would have been more geared towards going to ATI if they HADN"T decide to follow nvidia and make their own SLI, I would been more impressed if they would stayed single card solution that could whoop SLI or at the most a dual GPU solution. Freakin hate SLI
Agreed, but with the GV70 and r520 upcoming they certainly aren't losing any momentum with their single card technologies.

yeah I know that, but if they'd focus ALL efforts into a single card solution and drop this two card nonsense altogether IMO I think they'd be even more advanced

You see that thread I linked gaara? The official venice OC'ing thread from xtremesystems?

Yep, seen all that jazz in the AMD forum over there, I've been comparing and the 3200+ seems to have its uber overclocking reputation carried over. I really just wanna end up the buying the processor that has the overall biggest overclock shown, 1MB cache would be nice, but the 3200+ will save me a lot of money for a good GPU which I'm more concerned about than the CPU.

And as applies with any GPU, it can look awesome on paper but without the software behind it you'll never see its full potential ever, and that's a huge problem with dual card solutions at the moment. The amount of support for games availible does not justify the price.

I'd say go with the 3200+ venice, people are saying the 3000/3200 venice is best for those with TCCD chips and the SD's are better for those with BH-5's and whatnot, plus yeah it'd save you a gripload of cash.

I'm hoping for 3GHz with water.....DDR550 2.5-3-3-7 timings at 3GHz 24/7 use with a 6800GT beyond Ultra specs :drool:

I'll be a happy camper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom