Wuts Wrong Here?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
Ok, I have been really mad at my ISP for the past few monthes... cough cough never liked em cough cough...... neway.... i havea 56 k modem :(:(:( BUT ONLY CONNECTION AT 19.2 KBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have called several times to wait forever to hear them say this...... Check your phone line sir..... the phone lines fine... so any idea wuts up?? or ne suggestions??

First, this should be either in the Internet section of the Hardware section. Second, what modem is it. Try to get an external modem if you can't go cable or DSL. External modems get much higher baud rates on noisy lines.

It's the phone line limiting you, im with the ISP. However, inside or outside, we dont know.

This is the most likely

I was going to suggest it was his phone lines but he insisted it was not. However, it most likely is if you live in a rural area. Where I live, nothing higher than 19.2 is even possible because the phone lines are still voicegrade analog. Thank the maker Cox cable came into my area.

Well.... i have had problems with my phone line and my parents line getting mixed together in the past.... such as im on the phone hearing my moms convo with her mom or what not..... could this contribute?? its not doing it now..... but if it is... i had another computer before this one... a P.O.S. that i swear had a spoon for a harddrive... ( in ohter words... it f*cking sucked).. but it would connect at 42 kbs... then i bought it to this computer and its only 19.2.. but still a 56 k modem....

*wishes for dsl to come the he*l out where he lives :)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom