Oc'ing n00b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him, until a few days ago windows x64 pro was free to download of micro$oft's site

and asrock = asus

Did not know either of those, and, frankly, the second one shocks me! Is ASRock ASUS's cheap boards?

The A64's are also great 32bit processors, not to mention the huge increase in memory bandwidth since they dropped the NB and now have an ondie memory controller so you're completely looking at it in the wrong aspect.

256mb doesn't mean it's an Ultra card, it just means it has 256mb but it's not a waste because it would still perform better than a 5600 with only 128mb.

There is no such thing as

wouldnt oc the gfx card though not strong enough
Aspire so I don't know why you said that. I overclocked my Gf2 MX 32mb card before.....you OC whatever you can OC as simple as that so go for it Him.

The best cooling solution you can do is water cooling, next up from that would be chilled water cooling which involves taking apart an AC unit or using a peltier which I'm not going to go into as you could just google that and get more results.

The dude who got 7.2GHz was a guy named Fugger and holds the world record for that at xtremesystems.org he had a triple cascade phase change unit he built himself and he only got that in the BIOS, not windows..got like 6.7GHz or so within windows.......point is that's not even close to a possibility for you.

2.4GHz prescott you'd need some mighty damn good cold temps to get that sucker to 3GHz and beyond.

An AC unit pouring into the side of your case technically would work but would be mighty expensive for the electric bill.

Who said that that is out of the question for me? Who do you take me for? A fool? ;-)

Nothing is impossible.

I remember seeing a screen shot of Windows of someone clockg their cpu at 7.1...

Well, nontheless, me and my buddy are thinking of starting our own case mod company. We have some pretty sick ideas. I do believe that we will have to grab the world record for ocing.

I remember seeing a screen shot of Windows of someone clockg their cpu at 7.1...
yeah.....doubt it....being like I said fugger has 7.2 and that's the world record for just being in the BIOS, 7.1 would be the world record for within windows and there's been nothing said about it.

We have some pretty sick ideas. I do believe that we will have to grab the world record for ocing.
Doesn't everybody.

These dudes at xtremesystems have been working on this crap their whole lives. I wouldn't expect to just reach out and grab it any time soon

Yeah, the guys who are stealing these records have like masters degrees in chemistry and physics to say the least, it's not a hobby for them, it's a living...

You guys are so damn pessimistic. That dont matter that they have degrees in that. As a matterof fact, it probably is a hobby for them. Why would someone with a masters degree in physics spend their whole life overclocking computers and not working in some lab making hundreds of thousands of dollars are year? Hobbies, just the same as going into this forum is for us.

Nubius, you gotta stop being so contradictive. You are constantly shooting people down in threads, making them feel like asses when they are wrong or going against whatever it is that you are for. Let some of us babies have our bottles.

Why would someone with a masters degree in physics spend their whole life overclocking computers and not working in some lab making hundreds of thousands of dollars are year?
Perhaps because they have no interest in working in some lab and would much rather be pressing hardware to its limits?

No one is trying to shoot anyone down (I don't even see how Nubius has ever done anything of the like), we're being realistic with you. Fugger, the guy who got the 7.2GHz Intel, is world reknowned for his work, he travels around to overclocking competetions, and companies actually want him to perform his magic on their parts, for unleashing the real potential they have availible.

No one's stopping you from overclocking to your hardwares full potential though, and that's what it's all about, having fun. :D

Yeah what gaara said :p

I aint shootin you down, it's called being realistic like he said. You aren't going to just decide to make a company, and then take away some WR OC's dude, these guys have been working at perfecting OC'ing for years and you expect to step up from T-ball to the major leagues and hit a homerun, not gonna happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom