.LNK Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabrzin

Solid State Member
My sister's boyfriend seems to have accidentally deleted a registry setting using SpySubstract from Hewlett-Packard. but ever since he did that I haven't been able to open any shortcuts to anything at all (there are alot of them). I had to open Internet Explorer through a whole different program. When I try to open one it comes up saying "Windows cannot open this file: AOL Instant Messenger.lnk" "To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it." . Now it used to just automatically open up. Does anyone know of a fix or do I need to reformat? Thank you.

It won't let me open any .exe files now I guess. So, the rminstall.exe for the Registry Editor is no good :(
Looks like him deleting that did alot of damage. I can't open System Restore either for the same reason.

Ouch. Man, something be messed. Try to run a system repair. Boot of the Windows disc, repair. If that dosent work, I'm afraid you may have to reformat. Sorry, I know that is the last thing you wanted to hear. Look at it this way, it is the last thing I said. So, as of right now, it is the last thing you heard. Sorry man, thats all the advice I can offer you.

You could actually try to pay some 1337 to take a look at it and try to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom