Computer Freezing when using the keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenrecord

Beta member
Today, I turned on my computer(not the one that I am using now, my other one) and it appeared to work properly. I opened an application and went to start typing and then the computer froze. I started up the computer again and the same thing happened; like the first time, it didn't freeze until I used the keyboard. So, I can actually use the mouse for as long as I please. But, once I touch a key, it will freeze. I tried switching keyboards and the same thing happened. I was thinking about getting a USB keyboard to see if that would work. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.

Check to see if one of the pins broke off in your ps2 socket? Did you use a hammer? Try the usb kb.

Totally try the usb keyboard. If that works, chances are you damaged your PS/2 port. I know people that have attached new PS/2 ports onto their mobo, but that is sketchy. Excellent chance of messing your mobo permanently.

There are several viruses that will freeze your computer once you have executed a single keystroke. It basically locks you out of you system.

Try booting in SAFE MODE and se if you have the same keyboard problem. If not, try running a virus scan in safe mode.

If this issue is because of a virus it could very well be what was talk about above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom