New, and need help, want to turn family compy into gaming machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save your money for a better computer. Build one yourself. You will regret trying to upgrade the Compaq, so really don't bother with it.

Don't even piss around looking at PCI cards, they SUCK. A new mobo would require a lot of new components, easier just to build an entire new system...

senghing27 said:
Well, i probably gonna have to save up and buy a nice gaming pc. too bad for my compaq. it has a amd athlon processor at 1.6, i got 256 ram, and a 60 gig hard drive. Now , is there any chance i can buy two crappy pci cards and use their combined power?? Or maybe i should just save and get a nice gamer pc?? and whats a good cheap one that i can buy?? Thanks for help guys.:)

You can't combine, just get a new PC, email me at Yan.N.Booth@gmail.com and give me your price range, and I will put a good gaming PC together for you...

Yan Booth

build one

if you want a cheap gaming rig my advice would be to build it yourself that way you get more options and you choose how you want it to look
built the one in my sig for 500

You can do alot better in that range now aspire, your PC may have been a good value PC many years ago.

And no you cannot combine 2 PCI cards, but you can combine 2 PCI-E cards (that wont fit)

If you want, I can take a shot at a PC in the 500-600 dollar range, you can even stick a 6600GT in their for that range

well the reason it cost me that much was my case and fans cost me bout $100 if i had stuck it in an old case only would have cost me 400

wow, i am so scewed then. Is it possible to buy a really crappy pci graphics card, and use that in conjunction with the intagrated pro savsge card?? Also, i tried calling compaq today, and all i wanted to ask them was if i had either an open pci express or agp, *note, im not good in the guts. They wanted to charge me, for them to answer that question. Also, are there any good value pcs that i can use to play some great games, and have room for expanding?? Lets say in the $500 range. Also, i have a sharded intagrated card, how much can they share upto, and how would i do that??

AMD Athlon XP 2500 UNLOCKED
Thermaltake Silentboost w/ Silentcat Fan
Gigabyte GA-7NNXP Motherboard
2X256 PC3200 Kingston (Ran at 234MHZ @ 2.85V)
120GB Seagate 7200RPM
Leadtek Winfast Ultra A250 TI4600 Plus with Vantec Iceberg

is this anygood??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom