Low framerates in Unreal Tourny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
I just found of, via another thread here, that I am getting shockingly low framrates in UT2K4. At 1280x1024, I average around 35FPS. Apparently I should be getting at least in the high 50s with my hardware (3GHZ P4, 512MB dual channel, X600XT). I benchmark right where I should, so any ideas?

What are your settings. If its maxed out, high 50s would even be too high for an X600XT. That is not a very powerful card. Play at 1024x768 also.

But unreal very typically has astonomically high framerates, even for very high settings on average hardware.
I first found out about my potential problem here.
And today I asked a friend with a laptop (Athalon64 3200+, 1gig ram, Ati Mobility 9700pro) that benches at around 22k (to my 33k) in auquamark, and he said he was getting better framerates at 1400x1050. Not quite sure if he actually measuered them, tho. The thing is, the game doesn't go framy at all. At those framerates, one might notice a little bit of jerkiness if the comp is working that hard. Is there any possibility that my program (fraps) is reading said framrates incorrectly? Is there a way to do it in Unreal. I am running the demo version BTW.

EDIT: Just read this. The second to last box in the table is for UT. 51ish FPS for a 6600GT on 1280x1024. Seems reasonable considering that card gets around 53k+ is aquamark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom