cd rom problem driving me crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_daniels

Baseband Member
ok i just bought an older cdrom just plain old cd no burning and installed it on my computer. when the boot process starts up it says that the cdrom is there but later on it says that it wont boot from it. i tried running knoppix off it but it says that the cd rom isnt there even though in order for it to say its not there the cd rom had to have been recognized. this doesnt make any sense to me the power supply is 250 so the power should be fine. ive got a ide hd and a floppy connected as well. the hd is 10GB and the floppy is 3 1/4. any help would be appreceated.

If you still have a 3 1\4 inch floppy, your BIOS maybee to old to nativaly recongize that drive?

it recognizes it and yes i have the cd rom to boot first actually i can set it up so that only the cd rom is bootable and it doesnt work it says "problem finding cd rom trying to load from cd
trying to locate from cd ............failed

its pretty old actually its really old............ but the cd rom is compatable with the hardware i checked. its a p1 100 mhz (older than most of the people on this site) my p3 will recognize it and boot from it but the p1 wont boot.

sounds like a busted CD rom to me....

I would suggest to try it on another system, to see how it go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom