problems with shading on x800XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all PS 3.0. If it werent for that, i would be the happiest person on earth, at least in terms of vid cards :p

dhw200 said:
Its all PS 3.0. If it werent for that, i would be the happiest person on earth, at least in terms of vid cards :p

Yeah, ATI not including Pixel Shader 3.0 was a terrible movie. Especially since games are starting to require it. When I bought my X800 Pro, I thought it would last me at least a few years. I was wrong...its already freaking time for a new video card, and I just blew $400. ATI fanboys try to say that Pixel Shader 3.0 is no big deal and they try to defend their purchaces, but the introduction of PS3.0 is really the biggest advancement in graphics technology I think I've ever seen. And since game manufacturers are not coding for Pixel Shader 2.0b (which can create the same effects but with more lines of code), ATI users have pretty much taken a stab in the heart, being forced to play games in DX8 in a DX9c world.

They wont make PS 3.0 shader required, as there are still too many ATI users, they would blow a large hole in the market. It does make me a little pissed at ATI. Ive had better experiences with them than nvidia, which is y i went for them, but we'll see about next time...

"Its all PS 3.0."

Your right i almost bought the X800XT when these cards were 1st released but the non support for PS3.0 kinda ticked me off .
The more i studied the card , the less it interested me (old hardware tweaked out ) .PS 3.0 opened the door for alot of advancements in game developing :)

beedubaya said:
And since game manufacturers are not coding for Pixel Shader 2.0b (which can create the same effects but with more lines of code), ATI users have pretty much taken a stab in the heart, being forced to play games in DX8 in a DX9c world.

I thought the x800pro fully supported DX9, doesnt it?

And about Pixel Shader 2.0b, if it could create the same effects with the same peformance, why wouldnt company's start coding in 2.0b, expisally since their ATI prefered games like chaos theroy and farcry.

Also does HL2's HDR use PS3, and ATI paid off valve, but you cannot run the game full on ati cards :amazed:

Because as he said, its longer coding. ATi really did make a mistake with not including the 3.0 when Nvidia did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom