odd problem with restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I just got hold of a socket a motherboard (gigabyte 7zxr) with a Athlon XP 1800+, it posts, but when it comes to the point where it would boot off a device, it simply restarts.

Any ideas?

Wayne

maybe a RAM problem? Make sure the RAM settings are correct and that the mobo supports the ram you are using. RAM can cause all kinds of weird problems.

make sure the hard drive is good. Unplug all hardware except for the hard drive, see if it still restarts. If it does then perhaps the HD is giving problems and take care of simple things like the cables being nicely attached.

Also if the problem persists, try unplugging all hardware (meaning opticals and HD's) and try running memtest86+ basically this will prove that your RAM is OK and that chances are , it is infact one of the drives giving you issues

I managed to finally get it working. It was a bios problem. It turns out that the original BIOS has a incompatibility with ATI cards and wont boot.

Thanks guys

Wayne

yeah, same here, especially since i got it for free.

A friend of mine gave me the mobo, axp 1900+, 512mb sd ram, 2x network cards and some ram, i feel very lucky

He was upgrading to athlon 64

Wayne

yeah, but this is the first really good one. before that the best thing i was given was a p200mmx, not bad, but now whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom