is this alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northwoods cant OC as good as the Prescotts.

His 3ghz can hit 4ghz if he used a high end heatsink and some AS5.
I easily hit 3.65ghz on my 2.8ghz. Stock HSF. But for the LGA775 "prescotts" the stock HSF is the best air cooling solution you can get.

i just ordered the zalman 7700... should be good cause when i run it at 3.6 with the stock 60mm fan it idles around 44c. while running it at 3.0 it idles at 40 to 41c... so i think i'll be able to get it atleast to be good and cool at 3.6. maybe i can bump it up to 3.9 or 4.0 that would be nice

cool let me know how you like that heatsink note be carefull when moving your pc tower around when that is in there if your transporting it maybe use some string to help support it

SkyHi said:
The heatsink correctly inserted? Is the thermal paste correctly applied?

what do you mean? yes everything is installed correctly. i've done a few installs before but never OC'd so i'm experimenting

Edit: i just backed up a dvd and the processor was running at 100% for about an hour. it was at about 52c. is this good for that long a time under that strain?

one more thing. my processor says that 79c is it's maximum temp. so am i good running at 100% in the mid 50's?

i think 79c is when the motherboard starts to melt thats what 200f ouch usually a cpu will be fine up to about 60 after that you should relly start to worry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom