do not belive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf5460

Fully Optimized
my friend/neighbor built a new computer and he overclocked his amd
3400+. he told me he oc it to 3.0ghz area on stock cooling then he said he put it up more but it crashed after a couple hours.Is this possible. If it is I told him to look into a zalman heatsink or watercooling.But I just think he is exagerating.

what mobo and ram was he using?

with a good mobo, good ram, and getting a lucky cpu, it's possible to get that high (i doubt it though)

or maybe hes saying that he got it to boot into windows @ 3ghz

i think his neighbor probably just got the cpu to boot into bios @ 3ghz, which isn't much of a accomplishment

stock cooling theres no freakin way. Even with the best mobo and overclockable RAM it's not possible....chances are he told you it crashed so he doesn't have to prove it. Otherwise tell him to load it up at 3GHz so you can see it.

I call BS on that neighbor ;)

Yeah it's BS expisally if it's a 939 3400+

Those cores need alot of voltage, look with a 939 3400+ i basicly have a record at 2.66GHZ

That isnt stock cooling, that's 1.8 volts with a venus 12 on 50 load

his mobo is a nForce4 SLI I do not know the ram and sorry it is the 3500+ i don't think that makes a difference.Also he said he got it to
windows.

matt2m said:
his mobo is a nForce4 SLI I do not know the ram and sorry it is the 3500+ i don't think that makes a difference.Also he said he got it to
windows.

Wait, let me try it..... *black screen of death*

Nope.. doesn't work... do you smell something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom