Need to start overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
2D = windows ;) I'm pretty sure your card can handle windows graphics lol.

Can anyone tell me why I'm dropping numbers on 3DPoint05, I've seen screenshots of clocking of 2.7 on 1.6volts etc, what's the deal with that? I've had no such unstability and could easily pull that off but anything over 2.2 the numbers are going backwards, what's odd.
What are you talking about? DDR uses 2.6v by default

EDIT: Except for DDR2 I believe

What are you talking about? DDR uses 2.6v by default
Believe he was talking about the core speed and vcore, although it's been phrased a bit strangely, he seems to have a problem of his 3Dmark score dropping as the clock speed is increased. I don't know what would be causing this problem unless you have a component bottlenecking the performance increase, or you simply pushed a component too far to a point where is actually can't keep up with itself so to speak and performance just goes down the drain.

Wha? I only said it cause of this part:
lol I was making a bad joke, must've been worst than I thought :p

It's alright now regarding 3DMark05, I've overclocked to 3800speeds at the mo, I hope I've got the right voltage I had to increase it cause my computer kept rebooting before it reached the Windows log in screen.

At 1.5ish volts I was crashing 30mins to an hour in game if that continues do you think it's a heat problem or not enough voltage?

That sounds like a voltage problem as 1.5v doesn't seem like enough to warrant that speed increase. As I say, get prime95 and run the torture to test for 24 hours straight to ensure stability. If it crashes, raise the vcore and if that fails to solve the problem, you have reached your limit and need to lower the frequency down a bit.

It may also be a problem with your memory so I would check for errors when you're done just to be sure and up the DIMM voltage and loosen timings if raising the vcore doesn't help.

Prime95 sounds like a good thing but I'm not keen on leaving my computer on 24hrs seeming it's a loud and bright thing and I also happen to play online alot so would that slow the system down?

I've upped it to 1.65ish volts and I was running my 3200 not clocked at 1.360v

Prime95 runs the CPU under full load so you wouldn't be able to do anything else without seriously slowing down your computer. You don't have to run Prime95 for 24 hours, but it's just recommended as it basically ensures that you have long term stability.

and I was running my 3200 not clocked at 1.360v
See this is what I don't understand, you're talking about your PC3200 RAM? RAM runs at 2.6v except for DDR2........if you're talking about Vcore why are you talking about running 3200(ram) not clocked at 1.3 (CPU related)?

I think he's referring to an Athlon 64 3200+ and by not clocked, he means at stock speeds, at 1.36 vcore. I think he's saying that for reference purposes, pointing out the stock vcore and the increase difference he made on it.

ahhh lol, this whole time I kept thinking he was talking about PC3200 RAM, bah I just got up from a nap leave me alone :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom