overclocking mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
i want a really nice overclocking mobo around 100 at the most with nforce 4 and pci-e16x and socket 939 athlon 64bit

People around here recommend the DFI Lanparty board, but I would personally recommend the ASUS A8N-SLI D.

Why do you like the asus k8 series (a8 is still a k8 socket type) as they are some of the worst brand names boards on the market?

Your not getting a good PCI-E board for 100$, so try to spend 140$ for a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

I dont see why it would be harder to set up than any other mobo.

@DJ-CHRIS: Because I have friends who own the board, and have used it to overclock. While overclocked, stability was not an issue. Plus I have an ASUS mobo myself.

The only reason I recommend it is because I have seen it in action. I havent used the DFI mobos, or seen them used first-hand. I am not saying one is better than the other, just what I personally like.

ASUS isn't a good overclocking board at all. I know a dude with one and it's picky as all hell.

Like chris said you aren't going to find an nforce4 board for no $100 unless it's absolute crap.

DFI's are very advanced boards and have tons of options hence why it can be 'hard to set up'

So then you should basically go with an AN8-3rd eye from ABit

uhh...i thought there was only a8v-third eye's

i think you meant an8's from abit

btw, i don't find the bio settings that hard to understand

and settings up (as in putting in your ram, cpu, etc. isn't hard)

but one important question is what ram will you use?

using cheap ram won't allow you to overclock

uhh...i thought there was only a8v-third eye's

i think you meant an8's from abit
What? a8v's are ASUS, the AN8-3rd Eye is an Abit Nforce4 board, the AV8-3rd Eye is an ABit VIA chipset board.

And as far as "I think you meant an8" thats what I said! Unless you weren't talking to me then all is good :)

never heard of it, and it looks like it would basically be the bear minimum.

Simply put dude, you can't cheap out when it comes to basically one of the most important pieces in the computer, especially if you want to overclock you'll need to pay $150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom