Mac OS Tiger is going to KILL windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple won't port to the PC hardware platform (actualy, they are both PCs, but that is a different matter). To do so is just a really bad idea. Everything just works with a Mac because you have the same person controling the hardware and software. As soon as you throw Mac OS out there with completely different architectures it would only invite many of the same problems Windows has over to a new home.

Apple hardware costs more because its better. That said, you can get comparable hardware for PCs, but its the nicer stuff. You would wind up paying about the same ammount anyway.

And before anyone compares cost per GHz, PowerPC processors are more efficient than offerings from AMD, which are more efficient than offerings from Intell (typically). G3,4,5 processors match performance of faster Pentium n class processors at lower clock speeds.

well hell, i can live w/o windows or mac... so I dont think mac is gonna win me over...dont care how great it is, then next OS i use will be the one I stick with, Linux Mandrake

wen my conputer becomes too old to run any games, ill just install linux and have fun with a realiable, non game playing os.

mac is expensive...
and the problem is windows is saying longhorn will stand up to it with ease. (which i hate windows but im not bout to stop using it)

I think another reason people will stick with windows is preference as someone said above, also, i remember, maybe its just cuz i live in a boring town, but i used to wish something would go wrong with my PC so i had something to do...fix it, some people will never have problem with a mac, which means if mac dominates that puts a ton of people out of a job, if MS doesnt come out with a good dominating OS by blackcomb or the next GEN half these people will be out of a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom